Monday 9 May 2011

Owl

I made an owl this week while watching The Ricky Gervais show on 4oD. When I make amigurumi I don't use a pattern, I just imagine the shape I want to make and then make it grow with increases and decreases. Most amigurumi animals are a variant on the same shape, you just alter the eyes, wings, ears or whatever.


I don't have a photo of it, but before I sewed the button eyes on Owl looked really quite mean.  I think amigurumi are a bit like children, you can try your hardest but they always end up with their own personality. Sometimes they turn into completely different things (I've had a cat turn into a bunny and a hermit crab start out life as a mermaid's tail).
Poor Owl looks a bit confused. Probably something to do with looking through 8 small holes in two completely different buttons I found in a baggie on a train floor.




Sorry, Owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment