Sunday 7 August 2011

Baby Steps

I've been back at work for a week and a half now (hooray!), and I've only just got over the "waaah, tiredness" hump. When you're at home all day, even if you're working out or gardening or keeping yourself busy, you forget how tiring going into a stressful office can be. Anyway, after a little adjustment period, I got back my "omg I have to make something I can't just sit here" itch. There were a couple of films I wanted to see on telly (Big- good, Harry Potter 4 A Goblet of New Hope- bad) and I had most of a ball of yarn left from my Granddad's socks, so I knocked out these.




They're not supposed to have standard 2x2 rib at the top, they're supposed to launch straight into cable rib, but for some reason I found Tom Hanks incredibly distracting on the first sock (seriously, it took me about 4 attempts to cast on with a tail at an acceptable length). I messed up so many times on these socks and had to rewind! My brain obviously has forgotten how to multi-task.


The detail on them is a little twist/cable rib, made by just knitting a second stitch before the first one and then knitting the first stitch.


They are so so small though! UNNATURALLY SMALL YOU WEIRD BABIES YOU.




I haven't decided whether I'll try and sell these or give them to my pregnant cousin. My cousin is probably the kind of person who'd refuse to put purple socks on a little boy and who maybe doesn't really like/appreciate handmade, soooo, you know, if I sold them, at least they'd go to someone who really wanted them...

No comments:

Post a Comment