Saturday 9 July 2011

Culling it all

The lease on my halls of residence expired (thank fuck, I hated Manna Ash House and the company that ran it with a passion), so I'm back home. My stuff from 14 years of living here combined with my stuff from a year living out to form a vortex of too much crap, so I'm trying to cut down.


A whole bag of clothes, and an archive box full of books are waiting to go to a charity shop and hopefully get happy new homes. There's no point holding on to certain books even if they're a good story, and it makes me happy to think of another young person getting some joy out of them, especially as books are so expensive new nowadays. 


I've got some yarn up on Ebay, and, depending on how I feel when I go through my uncut fabric box, there might be some quilting odds and ends going up too. I've had success selling fabric on Ebay before, and while you never quite make your money back, it's better than holding onto a bunch of fabric that's taking up valuable space and making you feel bad for not using it.


Speaking of which, I've finally started attacking the pile of old jeans I've had in my trunk for years...




Lots and lots of 5 1/2 inch squares. I'm loathed to work without metric, but all my quilting stuff is in inches so it just has to be that way.




Kinda wish I had a trained monkey or robot or something to do all the cutting for me, but hey, it's keeping me out of mischief and cheering me up. Found out this week that the hospital where I temp will not be signing off the money to hire me over the summer, which sucks. Ah well, I've got my agent trying to find me something else, and I'm sure something else will come up.


If not, I'll just have to sell some more stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment